Historian & Storyteller
I’m a history-obsessed author who lives by the sea in Nova Scotia/Mi’kma’ki (Canada). I spend my days writing, researching, and going on adventures with my family – and my evenings devouring books and movies. My readers range from 2 to 102 and I love connecting with them.
I am constantly challenging myself creatively and finding new outlets for my varied interests. Currently, I have a forthcoming nonfiction picture book, Freddie the Flyer (Tundra Books, 2023), as well as two projects out on submission: a women’s fiction book called The 500 Year Flood, and a time-slip paranormal chapter book for 7-9 year olds called Fever on the Forgotten Coast.
My main project at the moment is a creative nonfiction book based on my former Ghosts of Camsell blog. I also undertake contracts and continue to do research for individuals and communities around the Charles Camsell Indian Hospital.
I am represented by Elizabeth Copps of Copps Literary Services.
- Houston Literary Awards – Reader’s Choice Award Finalist
- Romance Writers of America RITA Award Finalist – YA Category
- Alis the Aviator named CBC Books’ Top 19 of 2019 Picture Books
- Historian Laureate for the City of Edmonton
- Writer in Residence at Berton House (Dawson City, Yukon)
- Northern Lights Award – Rising Star
- Chatelaine’s Maverick of the Year
- Top 40 Under 40 for Avenue Magazine (Edmonton)
Please get in touch for:
- School Visits & Workshops
- Freelance writing
- Speaking & Media Opportunities