I’m an active member of several writing organizations that offer Writers in the Schools (WITS) programs, and would love to chat about a virtual or in-person author visit. I will work with you to tailor sessions to your students’ needs, but here are a few ideas from past sessions:
- Flying High into Books (pre-primary through Grade 2): Read-aloud, activities and Q&A focused on my picture books
- Wonder-Full Writing (Grades 3-6): Interactive session about my books, path to publication, Q&A focused on history, ghost stories, and channeling your sense of wonder
- Five Tops Tips for Researching & Creating Nonfiction (Grades 4-6)
- Interviewing for Fiction and Nonfiction (adaptable for Grades 3 and up)
- The Care and Feeding of Creatives (adaptable for Grades 3 and up): hands-on strategies for self-knowledge, self-care, handling rejection and anxiety around the creative process.
- Are you in Nova Scotia? Check out this subsidized WITS program through the Writers’ Federation of NS.
- In Ontario? I offer virtual visits through the Writers’ Union of Canada.
- Anywhere else in the world? Contact me to see what we can cook up together!
Rates start at $100 (CAD/USD) + taxes based on the length of session and whether it is virtual or in-person. This includes all administrative and prep costs. Travel costs are extra.
Here are resources and activities to get you started!
Click here for a free printable craft created by my publisher!