Women and girls get in FREE to the Alberta Aviation Museum on Sunday, March 10th as part of Women in Aviation week. Doors open at 10 a.m.
11 a.m. Women in Aviation (Polaris chapter) member will speak about getting her private pilot’s licence and her experiences in the sky
- Katherine Stinson: aerobatic demonstrations in 1916
- Eileen Vollick: First Canadian woman pilot
- Vi Milstead: First woman bush pilot
- Rosella Bjornson: First female jet captain in Canada and first female pilot hired by a Canadian airline
- Beyond the cockpit, women have been maintenance engineers, aircraft builders and servicers and held key high technology positions since the Second World War.
Jean Lauzon (780-451-1175)
Assistant Executive Director