This week my summer column returns to its normal time slot at 4:40pm on Wednesday. I will be speaking to the long Muslim history in Edmonton with help from social entrepreneur and heritage project leader, Omar Yaqub. If you can’t catch the column then, or you’d like to listen to past editions, please click here for the CBC Edmontont SoundCloud site.
- Al Rashid Mosque official history and great article about it by Andrea W. Lorenz
- Richard Awid’s Canada’s First Mosque – The Al Rashid dedicated to the Arab-Muslim pioneers who helped build Edmonton. Can be purchased at the Fort Edmonton Park gift shop.
- Zarqa Nawaz’s Laughing All the Way to the Mosque (by the creator of the Little Mosque on the Prairie television show)
- Edmonton Council of Muslim Communities
- Islamic Family and Social Services Association (The Green Room Youth Program)